Sunday, October 30, 2011

Quote of the Day

Oh! How I do groan in this body of clay, this clog of humanity! When I would serve God with gladness, feeble nature hinders me; my strength is exhausted, and I must be again refreshed with sleep. - Though grace had not sin to fight against, it has infirmity to struggle with; and I have no way of getting comfort under my calamities of this kind, which are so many, but by beholding with the eye of faith, through the prospect of revelation, the glories of the world above, when this mortal shall put on immorality, and death shall be swallowed up of life. -…There…with greater ease shall I go on with the highest acts of adoration, than here give over the ordinary acts of devotion; for it shall be life to my soul, and vigour to all my powers, to be so employed!...No weariness there, where the exercise renders happy….Well then, what though the hours of time steal from me unknown? I rejoice that I shall not lose one moment through weariness, while eternity rolls.

James Meikle

No comments:

Post a Comment