Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Quote of the Day

What I most desired Thou hast denied, yet I praise Thee:  On what account, I know not, yet I praise Thee: Thou hast done it; that silences me. Thy will makes it indisputable, and renders it my indispensable duty to fall in with it….But what matters it how the affairs of a present world go, if the interests of the next world are secured?....what avails it though the outward man decay, if the inner man grow? Though the temporal condition be perplexed, if the conscience be possessed of spiritual peace? I praise Thee that Thou interposest Thy providence, even in disappointing my enterprises; and dost not give me up to the blind desires of mine own heart, and to wander at random in counsels of mine own.  I can resolve the present case into nothing but Thy will; yet I rejoice more to fall in with Thy will, and to be submissive to Thy disposal, than to have my will in every point performed... 

 
James Meikle

No comments:

Post a Comment