Monday, April 9, 2012

Quote of the Day


The Scripture will be attacked all the time relentlessly from every angle whether it's coming from critics or cultists or Charismatics who want to add to it, whether it's coming from the culture.  I could even throw in the capricious, the silly, foolish attacks on Scripture like Bible codes.  I was one time on the radio program and somebody said, "What do you think of Bible codes?" And I said, "Well I'll tell you what I think of Bible codes, I think you better be careful when you say God said something He didn't say, because for that God condemns false teachers."  It's clear what God said in the Bible.  But to find some acrostic in a computer and think that what God said is written in a diagonal up this way and half-way down that side and that what God meant to say was that Ghandi would die in October of 1984 is a far cry from the revelation of God.  In fact, people have found the same stuff in Moby Dick.

John Macarthur

No comments:

Post a Comment